Effective January 1, 2022
By using the Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Information Collected and How It Is Used
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
Different ways we collect information are detailed below. We reserve the right to change this list at our sole discretion at anytime.
We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies and tracking signals using your web browser settings. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Website may not work properly or at all. The Website may not respond to Do Not Track signals sent by your browser.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of the Website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. User data is anonymous. The information gathered relating to the Website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Embedded Content from Other Sites
Articles on the Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, or submit a contact form. We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the Website or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email.
We will not share your email address with any third parties.
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.”
Third Party Links
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Website and all its content is the right of Kern-Steiner Inc., and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All rights reserved.
You may have the opportunity to download ebooks, PDF documents, or other digital products from the Website. If you decide to do this, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable license to use the product(s). You agree that you are not allowed to modify, distribute, sell, share, republish, or create derivative content from any information provided to you without express consent from Kern-Steiner Inc.
You have permission to use a link to our Website from your website. We do not allow sharing an entire article or parts of an article as your own, including photos. Any distribution of content from our Website beyond what is described herein constitutes copyright infringement.
You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, license, modify, or create derivative content from this Website or any part of it, without prior written consent from Kern-Steiner Inc.